We are seeking an experienced, full time Bookkeeper (35 hours/week) to manage our day-to-day accounting and finance requirements.
Desired qualifications, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Five years experience working in accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and payroll reports
- Proficiency in QuickBooks
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation
- Strict confidentiality, attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness
- Dependable, customer focused, and organized
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Pay invoices in a timely manner and track bank account balances
- Issue invoices to customers
- Remit sales taxes to the government
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits and wire transfers
- Maintain the petty cash fund
- Issue financial statements
- Assemble information for external auditors
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Process payroll in a timely manner
The position offers vacation, summer hours, medical/dental insurance, matching 403B, long-term disability insurance, and life insurance and will be filled ASAP.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.