Total to date: $10,271,000
Rise Up, Restore, Rejoice! is the capital campaign for Christ Church Greenwich.
We have $8 – 10 million in urgent needs which include:
- Interior Restoration of Our Church: Our Sanctuary is one of the most beautiful worship spaces and interiors in the United States. However, it has deteriorated in its beauty and use. The planned interior restoration will make this holy space more beautiful and useful than it was when it was built. It will also include terribly needed lighting, electronic, and sound systems for a building functioning in the 21st century.
- Renovation of Our Organs: We are blessed with two fine instruments (a main organ and a gallery instrument) installed in the mid-1970s. The capital campaign will provide the opportunity for renovation and renewal of these instruments used for our parish ministries and music ministries in the wider community.
- Accessibility Enhancement: The capital campaign will provide an elevator to connect the 1958 building to the to the Chapel Foyer providing handicapped access between the Lower Hallway and the Sanctuary. We will also develop a plan for other means of accessibility throughout our facilities and upgrade bathrooms so they are more attractive and useable.
- Endowment Growth: Endowment gifts will be consolidated and managed for our long term mission. Additional endowment for property and facilities will allow us to maintain them in a realistic and appropriate manner and strengthen focused ministries for our life together and service to the wider world.
Although this capital campaign will not address every challenge presented by our facilities, it is essential, purposeful, and full of possibilities. It will accomplish many of these things in hopeful and practical ways, and the fabric of our facilities and property will be restored and renewed.
All of these things will allow us to live out our mission: to seek and serve God in all persons and to provide spiritual nourishment for all who journey to find a sacred home. The time is now…
Rise Up, Restore, Rejoice!
For further information about how you can participate, or to schedule a visit, please contact Susan Reed in the Parish Office, 203.869.6600, x-17
What do you know about our Capital Campaign?
Did you know…
- the tracery around the sanctuary’s stained glass windows is wood…not stone?
- the interior of the sanctuary is faux painted plaster…not stone?
- the lighting fixture wiring was installed in 1937 and has not been updated?
- one of our Tiffany windows is cracked and buckling?
- the engineering drawings created for our previous campaign have saved us $500,000.00 in current expenses as we seek competitive bids
- with a successful capital campaign, we anticipate starting major repair and restoration in Spring 2014?
Campaign Thoughts from Carter Harris, Senior Warden
I spoke at the kick-off event in September about this image I have of the campaign as a bridge between generations – those who 100 years ago built the sanctuary – those who 50 years ago built the education building – and our children 50 years from now and their children 100 years from now who will still be worshipping here because of the work we will do. We have already raised more money in this campaign than this church has ever raised before. That’s terrific news. Thanks for your incredible generosity.
Capital Campaign Steering Committee:
Jim Elrod, Chair Marnie Dawson Carr, Vice-Chair KC King, Vice-Chair
Peter Barhydt • Tim Carpenter • JT Coe, Brad Critchell • Meg Critchell • Terry Darling • Becky Ford • Pam Kelly • Doug Lake • Rich Malloch • Suzy Malloch • Stella Maybury • Susan Ness • David Ogilvy • Randy Schwimmer • Randy Stern • Randy Wolf • David Yudain
Jim Lemler • Carter Harris • Audrey Schaus • Susan Reed • Gervais Hearn • George Belshaw