enewin these your servants the covenant you made with them at their Baptism.
-The Book of Common Prayer, page 418
Confirmation is a rite during which those who have been baptized make a mature commitment to Christ. They affirm their Christian faith with the laying on of hands from a bishop. Those who have already been baptized come before the bishop to renew the baptismal promises made on their behalf by the parents, godparents, and congregation present at their baptism. At the laying on of hands, the bishop prays to God asking for Holy Spirit to empower and sustain the confirmands.
Our program informs youth about the Christian faith by helping to shape their spiritual lives. The program provides safe places for lively discussion, experience of different ministries, and opportunities to form relationships with each other and the church in Christian fellowship. The confirmation class sessions are lively, fun, and engaging with a strong theological foundation and a willingness to enter into challenging questions and discussions of faith, ministry, and life.
- Christ Church Greenwich’s confirmation program runs September through April.
- Our program for this year will kick-off on Sunday, September 21 during the 9:15am worship service with an introductory confirmation session immediately following.
- Classes will take place twice a month and meet for an hour and a half on Sunday afternoons.
- Attendance to at least one weekend retreat is required (Friday evening-Saturday).
- The course curriculum will cover the sacraments (with an emphasis on Baptism and the Eucharist), the Bible, The Book of Common Prayer and the Anglican/Episcopal tradition. It will also emphasize Christian life in the Body of Christ, both within the church and out in the world.
- Students are also required to complete a certain number of service hours within Christ Church Greenwich ministries and in service of the broader community.
Interested in Registering for the 2014-2015 Confirmation Class?
Please fill out the form below.
Registration Fee: $100. Checks (made payable to Christ Church Greenwich with “Confirmation Registration” in the memo line) may be mailed to:
The Rev’d Jenny Owen
Christ Church Greenwich
254 East Putnam Avenue
Greenwich, CT 06830
For more details regarding registration, requirements, the scheduling of classes and the retreat, please contact The Rev’d Jenny Owen, 203.869.6600, x11.