Confirmation Program Information
Renew in these your servants the covenant you made with them at their Baptism.– The Book of Common Prayer, page 418
Our Confirmation program prepares interested 8th grade students for the rite of Confirmation, a liturgy in which baptized Christians affirm their faith and make a mature, public commitment to a life in Christ. Each spring, candidates for Confirmation come before the bishop to renew the promises that parents and godparents made on their behalf at their baptism. The bishop lays hands on the head of each confirmand in turn, praying for the Holy Spirit to empower and sustain him or her. Register below.
Overview and Curriculum
The goal of our Confirmation program is to deepen the faith of our 8th-grade youth and to be present with them as they progress on their journey toward spiritual maturity. The lessons for our regular classes will come from the Alpha Youth program. This program engages students in an exploration of their faith in a safe atmosphere, where questions are not only accepted, but encouraged. Additionally, the course will cover some basic elements of our common life in the church: the sacraments (with a special focus on Baptism and Holy Communion), the Bible, The Book of Common Prayer and the Anglican/Episcopal tradition, as well as an emphasis on Christian life within the church and in the world. Students are also required to complete a number of service hours within Christ Church Greenwich ministries and in service to the broader community. The cost for the 2018-2019 Confirmation program year is $250 per student and can be paid online at the time of registration or via cheque.
2018-2019 Program Calendar
This year, our confirmation program will run from late September through early May. In general, classes will meet on Sunday afternoons at 1:00pm and will be taught by our curate, Andrew Kryzak, and youth minister, Lauren Johnson.
Below is a tentative schedule for Confirmation classes. The date for the Confirmation service itself will likely be announced late in the fall.
Adults interested in being Confirmed or Received or in Reaffirming their faith can contact the Rev’d Andrew Kryzak for more information.
- Sunday, September 23, 1pm – Parent Meeting & Confirmation Class
- Sunday, October 14, 1pm – Confirmation Class
- Friday, October 26 – Saturday, October 27 – Confirmation Class Retreat at Camp Washington
- Sunday, November 4, 1pm – Confirmation Class
- Sunday, November 11, 1pm – Confirmation Class
- Sunday, December 9, 1pm – Confirmation Class
- Sunday, January 6, 1pm – Confirmation Class
- Sunday, January 13, 1pm – Confirmation Class
- Sunday, February 3, 1pm – Confirmation Class
- Sunday, March 31, 1pm – Confirmation Class
- Sunday, April 7, 1pm – Confirmation Class
- Sunday, May 5, 1pm – Confirmation Class
- Sunday, May 19, 1pm – Confirmation Class