Want to know more about Jesus, Christianity, the Episcopal Church, and explore your faith?
Tuesdays (April 10 – May 22)
6:30 – 8 pm
During the Easter Season, our Focus on Faith series will provide “The Basics” of Christianity and the Episcopal Church while also offering guidance, conversation and resources for people who want to deepen their faith. Regardless of whether you are new to our community or Christianity or were baptized, confirmed and married here, you are welcome to join us!
We hope that those who are seeking to be Confirmed as adults or be formally Received in the Episcopal Church will attend as many of these gatherings as possible to prepare for Bishop Ian Douglas’ visit to us on June 10th. His visit will include the Renewal of Baptismal Vows, Confirmation, and Reception for those already confirmed in other denominations.
Our classes will introduce we’ll offer a new series of classes introducing the Bible, Prayer Book, our worship practices, music heritage, and more!
The series will include:
- An introduction to the Bible and tips to help you read it;
- Teaching and discussion of our worship and beliefs in the Episcopal Church;
- The history of Christianity and the Church; and,
- Conversations on how we live out our faith by supporting and serving our community.
Participants are welcome to attend all or some of these offerings. The schedule is as follows:
- April 10 – Focus on Faith Introduction – Why are we here?
- April 17 – A Practical & Practicing Church – Worship & Beliefs Part 1
- April 24 – A Lively Faith – Conversations on Stewardship
- May 1 – The Bible in 60 Minutes – By The Rev’d Terry Elsberry
- May 8 – A Practical & Practicing Church – Worship & Beliefs Part 2
- May 15 – A Historical & Living Church – History & Polity
- May 22 – A Lively Faith – How We Serve our Community