Midnight Run is a volunteer organization dedicated to finding common ground between the housed and the homeless. In over 1,000 relief missions per year, Midnight Run volunteers from churches, synagogues, schools and other civic groups distribute food, clothing, blankets and personal care items to the homeless poor on the streets of New York City. The late-night relief efforts create a forum for trust, sharing, understanding and affection. That human exchange, rather than the exchange of goods, is the essence of the Midnight Run mission.
This is a restart of a very successful and long-running partnership we had with Midnight Run that has been on hiatus for nearly 4 years. It’s a wonderful program that meets the needs of some of the neediest people, and its tends to change the lives of those who choose to serve.
Join our Midnight Run Team to bring needed items to the homeless on the streets of New York City.
Help us prepare for our next run!
“The heroes of Midnight Run are those who sort the clothing.”
– Dale Williams, Executive Director, Midnight Run
We need all hands on deck for this mighty task! Join us:
- Friday, March 22, 4-6pm
- Saturday, March 23, 1-3pm
- Tuesday, March 26, 12-2pm
- Tuesday, April 2, 4-6pm
Email Hilary Hoffmeister to sign up!
We also need help with Sandwich Making on April 5! Learn more & sign up here!
Can’t help with clothing sorting or food prep? Through out the year, you can drop off the following items in the Midnight Run Barrel in the Lower Hallway:
- Men’s durable pants (especially jeans) in all sizes
- Men’s light-weight jackets/windbreakers
- Men’s sweatshirts (especially hoodies)
- Men’s T-shirts and long-sleeve shirts
- Men’s shoes (especially sneakers and work boots)
- Packages of Men’s long athletic socks/tube socks (white or dark)
- Packages of Men’s Jockey style underwear (sizes 32 – 42)
Other helpful donations include: belts, baseball caps, backpacks, women’s clothing, and large plastic bins in which to store and deliver the clothes.