We hope you have been taking advantage of our Livestream as well as our outside Sunday worship services on the Tomes-Higgins lawn.
The Re-Opening Task Force has been hard at work planning and implementing the phased re-opening of our campus. Please find an outline of our current re-opening structure below.
Currently, there is limited access to the buildings and masks are required at all times. Our staff continue to work remotely, rotating office use as needed. As staff are not in the office on a regular basis, you must schedule appointments in advance.
Group meetings will remain online via Zoom.
It will be some time before facility usage will return to the way it had been prior to the pandemic.
Dogwood Books & Gifts is NOW OPEN ALL SUMMER: Tuesday – Friday, 10am – 4pm. Stop by to check out their massive clearance sale and great selection of books and gifts for summer. Please remember to wear a mask and maintain a safe distance when you are in the store. Curbside pick-up is available. For more information, visit dogwoodbooksandgifts.com
Our Youth have started gathering in small groups (<5). To stay informed of upcoming gatherings (in person and/or on Zoom) contact Lauren Johnson.
Adult formation continues to offer its Sunday Forum series 11:15am on Zoom. These will continue through the summer.
The Bible Challenge is underway. It’s not too late to begin! Learn more here.
Sundays, 8am | Outdoor service, Tomes-Higgins Back Lawn
Sundays, 10am | Indoor service, Sanctuary
It is important that we follow social distancing and other protocols to mitigate the spread of COVID 19. For the health and safety of the entire community, Christ Church Greenwich requires everyone attending its in-person services to be age 7+, symptom-free, and willing to observe the safety precautions listed below.
Please use your discretion in deciding whether to attend services in person. The Episcopal Diocese of Connecticut recommends those age 65+ to refrain from attending church at this time, and watch the livestream services from home.
As you may be aware, the governors of the tri-state area have enacted a mandatory 14 day quarantine for anyone traveling to Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey from states that have a high COVID infection rate. This mandate went into effect June 25.
For an up-to-date list of states included in the travel advisory list, visit portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/Travel.
It is expected that any parishioner traveling from these states abide by Governor Lamont order to self-quarantine for 14 days, or take a COVID-19 test before attending outdoor or indoor worship.
Additionally, all persons in your party must agree to:
- STAY HOME if anyone in your household has exhibited symptoms of COVID-19 within the last month.
- CHECK IN at least 15 minutes prior to the service to confirm your attendance and to have your temperature taken by non-invasive means.
- FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS of ushers and posted placards on the church grounds.
- WEAR A MASK covering your nose and mouth AT ALL TIMES while on the church grounds.
- MAINTAIN A PHYSICAL DISTANCE of at least 6 feet from all persons not in your immediate household.
- The exchanging of the PEACE and the taking of the SACRAMENTS is NOT PERMITTED at this time by the diocese.
- BRING YOUR MOBILE PHONE or print out an order of service. The order of service is available on our website. Prayerbooks and Hymnals will be removed from the pews.
- For outside worship: BRING FOLDING CHAIRS OR A BLANKET to sit on during the service (given that seating will not otherwise be provided).
- For inside worship: Expect to see ONE WAY directional signage and DESIGNATED SEATING areas. Those not seated appropriately will be asked to move.
- RESTROOMS: Restroom facility users must SANITIZE SURFACES before and after use with wipes to be provided.
- REFRAIN FROM SOCIALIZING OR LINGERING on church grounds (including the parking lot) after the service.
- RELEASE CHRIST CHURCH GREENWICH from any and all liability after having read the following “Informed Consent”.
COVID-19 is a serious and highly communicable disease. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and individuals with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Although Christ Church Greenwich asks all attendees to observe certain precautions, there is no assurance of protection from exposure to COVID-19 at Christ Church Greenwich worship services. The risk of exposure to COVID-19 is voluntarily assumed by all attendees.